Stay In School Program
The 2015-2016 Medicine Hat Tigers Stay In School Program will make ELEVEN visits to area schools this season.
Members of the Medicine Hat Tigers will present the program throughout the season. In the program’s 20+ year history, many students have experienced the Tigers Stay in School Program.
The program’s objectives are to help educate students about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle, help them understand the important life decisions they will need to make on a daily basis, and to influence them to set goals and be actively involved in extra-curricular activities.
The topics that will be covered:
• The importance of setting goals for yourself (short and long-term)
• Achieving your goals
• Maintaining a healthy lifestyle (includes no tobacco, drugs or alcohol)
• Maintaining proper nutrition and keeping your body fit by exercising
• The importance of balancing school work with extra-curricular activities (work before play)
• Maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic
STAY IN SCHOOL PROGRAM:
Staff and students have an opportunity to ask questions and receive Tigers autographs.
Congratulations to the following schools who will be receiving the Stay In School presentation this year:
- ST. FRANCIS XAIVIER SCHOOL
- RALSTON SCHOOL
- CRESTWOOD SCHOOL
- IRVINE SCHOOL
- DR. ROY WILSON LEARNING CENTRE
- MES-AMIS PRE-SCHOOL
- CAPE SCHOOL
- SOUTHVIEW SCHOOL
- RIVER HEIGHTS SCHOOL
- ST. PATRICK’S SCHOOL
- MOTHER TERESA SCHOOL